Thursday, November 10, 2011

Randomness...Beautiful Fall Days



Hello Everyone!
The fall weather has been spectacular here! I hope for you too.
The days are shorter and shorter and it is going by so quickly. Seriously, where
did this year go? It seems like yesterday my hubby was leaving for a deployment
and that was all the way back in early January. He has been home since late July and we
are playing the waiting game with his orders. The move will definitely happen in March, April
or May of 12'. That is all we know as of now. Including the fact that the location may change.
What? I know...
In case you have been following our story we thought we were set on moving to Maryland.
That is not the case as of a few weeks ago. Another location has popped up out of the
blue and we both could not have been more surprised. The problem is we won't know for sure
until mid January. Whew...I wish I could tell you where it is but I have to wait on that for now.
I can't wait to get going on this move and settled again. I feel sort of in "limbo" right now.
In the meantime I hope you will continue reading my blog even if I have varied post
topics instead of the usual decorating. I'm just not doing much of that these days.
Although, I should have some Christmas decor posts coming up soon. Stay tuned.
~*~
Thanks to all of you that entered my three year giveaway! I wish you could all win.
All of you are loyal readers and said the kindest things. I appreciate each of you.
And the winner is....Kelly from "The Essence of Home" Congrats Kelly!
I will be in touch and will get your prize right out to you.
If you haven't met Kelly she is a sweet lady. Go by and say Hello to her. You will
drool over her gorgeous home. She is the sister of Kim from Savvy Southern Style.
It must be in the genes. These two ladies can decorate like pros.
I have been spending more time on Face Book and Pinterest and not as 
much with blogging so forgive me if I don't comment quite as often.
 I'm still here waving at you!
It continues to surprise me how much I enjoy both Face Book and Pinterest.
Who knew? Please feel free to friend me and follow my pin boards.
The buttons are right over there on my sidebar.
You are always welcome my friends. I would love to see you there as well.
Have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Melissa, what a gorgeous image! Congrats to Kelly on her win!! I'm looking forward to your Christmas posts. I know they will be magnificent!

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Congratulations to Kelly,I will visit her too!!!Love your photo Melissa, your taste and artistic sense is wonderful. Much success on your move and prayers for you.

Pamela said...

Loving your new lookMelissa!! Also congrats Kelly!!

Cozy Little House said...

Well, Melissa, that's two of us having relocated. Of course yours is probably on a more regular basis, seeing as what career path your husband has taken! Good luck. I'm enjoying my little blue house in Tulsa.
Brenda

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

LOVE that last photo, Melissa!! Congratulations to Kelly! She is a lucky lady! blessings ~ Tanna

Kelly said...

I know I just sent you an email thanking you, but also wanted to leave it on this post. I am so excited about winning this giveaway! You are just so generous. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to celebrate that many years of blogging too. I hope that your move situation gets worked out soon. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to feel unsure of your future address. Hopefully, by Christmas, you'll have a definite plan in the works.

Suzy said...

Hi Melissa. I agree with you - where has this year gone??? Of course, I say that every single year! lol You seem to be handling the waiting game much better than I would. I think I'd be just itching to be able to make some plans. Did you and hubby go to the Marine Corps Ball this year? I'd love to see some pics! Take care.

Rosie said...

Congratulations to Kelly, will have to visit her blog. I can't wait to hear more about your next move! Love the autumn picture....I have discovered Pinterest also!

Small Town Girl said...

Happy Veteran's Day to you and your husband. I know you sacrifice like he does. From one USMC family to yours, thank you.

Barbara F. said...

Couldn't let today (11.11.11) go by without saying "thank you" to your hubby and you! Thanks for serving our country. xo

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Melissa!

I'm happy to hear all is well with you! I know you must be on pins and needles wit the upcoming move...I know I would be. Maryland sounds like a beautiful place. I wish you the best wherever you go!

Love that pretty image...it's right out of a Dickens novel! I am excited about Christmas decorating, too. Can't wait to see what you do this year!

XO,
Jane

Pam said...

That Pinterest is so darn addictive. I have to kick myself off of it after a few hours or my laundry would be piling up.

Katherines Corner said...

Congrats to Kelly, beautiful photo my bloggy friend Big Hugs xo

Life with L said...

Hi Melissa...It's been awhile. Our internet problems sometimes prevent me from blogging too much. It's always a pleasure. Great photos...congrats to Kelly for her win. Take care.....Linda

Traci said...

I bet you are in limbo. I think I'd be having anxiety attacks knowing I was moving but not knowing where or when!

Connie ❀ said...

Melisa - I love this picture with the street lamps !!!
I saw one somewhere in the computer, and wished we
could help ourselves. I am trying with my camera to take a picture that is similar.
If you are on Facebook, come see me. I will seek you out, also.
Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and doing what interests you. Sometimes, there is a bit of pressure blogging, and a rest from it is a good thing.
Have a good weekend.....

ANA ROSA said...

Felicidades a Kelly!!
Un abrazo Melissa.
Ana.

Susie Q said...

I fully understand about FB! It just seems easier and so many of those who I know through blogging are now on FB!
Congratulations to Kelly!
Much love,
Sue

My Photo
Welcome! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am a USMC wife married to a wonderful man for fifteen years. He's a CH-53E pilot and has done three fleet tours overseas. I am very proud of him and his hard work. For many years I worked in retail jewelry sales and finally decided it was time to stop and enjoy my decorating passion. We share our home with our cat Chestnut, Lloyd the cockatiel and a betta fish. I appreciate all of your comments and try to respond to as many as I can. Join me! I would be happy for you to follow along.


Melissa's Heart and Home

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved