Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mr Chestnut's New Room

Hello Everyone!
How was your weekend? Ours went very well with lovely spring weather.
I'm continuing with our home tour room by room and today I'm sharing our big ole' kitty's room. Mr Chestnut will be turning nine in October and yes he is our fur child with his very own space to call his own. He loves it! This was the former home office and we relocated it downstairs into the unused formal living room. With new aqua blue paint the space has been transformed into a kitty sanctuary/work out room. Join me for a tour!
 After!
New aqua paint called Tidewater by Martha Stewart. Blue is Chestnut's favorite color.
He told me this long ago...:)  
Here is the room as it was before. The home office is now located downstairs.
The bookcase and wall collage. 
 C for Chestnut, M for me, A for my hubby and the large M for Miller.
 A place to read and relax.
Chestnut sleeps here and uses the scratch pad. He's too funny.
A wall collage of Marine Corps Ball photos. 
The closet full of cat food, toys, travel carrier and of course his clothes. Ha!
Mr Chestnut says thanks for checking out his new room.
Happy week!

20 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Melissa!

Chestnut's room is awesome! I love the color and the monogram/pic collage. I can't believe the transformation.

Can't wait to see more!

Have a great week!

-Angela

Barbara F. said...

I don't want my birdies to see this, they will be jealous! Mr. Chestnut is one lucky kitty! xo

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Super beautiful and tranquil. I love the Martha color your Kittie picked!Your portraits are gorgeous and regal. Thank you for sharing your wonderful home:)PS,Melissa, did you ever hear of feline asthma. Just came across it.....being a lifelong asthmatic, and it has been rough....didn't know the cats can have it:(

Becca said...

Love his room ... you can tell that Mr. Chestnut is one spoiled little fur baby. :) I know he's enjoying his new space and is the envy of all of the cats in the hood!

Kelly said...

That is one lucky cat to have you y'all for parents! He is spoiled rotten, I can tell. ha! I'm sure he loves his special room.

bluebird1959 said...

Too cute Melissa! Love that last pic of him - very diva-esque in his fancy new room. :)

April said...

Mr. Chestnut's new digs are pretty snazzy! I bet he's as happy as can be!

busanalayali said...

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!
toko busana muslim

Lizabeth @ Infuse With Liz said...

Love it! Love the wall color and what a nice room to work out in! The picture of Mr. Chestnut is precious.

Savvy Seasons said...

Hi Melissa,
Well, I think Mr. Chestnut's face says it all, he LOVES it! What a nice, soothing, relaxing space. Well done! Have a great week! xo ~Liz

Traci said...

Mr Chestnut looks thrilled about his new room! I love the collage wall.

Kris said...

What a sweet idea! I love the color!

Marla and Steve said...

Too cute! You are a spoiler :)

Elaine said...

That is just too cute! He does look like a deserving guy, and I just love that you dedicated a room for him. Thankfully, my 5 pets won't see this and start demanding their own rooms, too!

Barb S said...

Thanks for sharing the updates on your home! I love love love Mr. Chestnut's room! How do you keep it so "fur free"?! :) Curios...where is his litter box?
I am glad I rediscovered your blog...I had always enjoyed reading what you have been up to but then computer troubles and life in general uninterrupted my blog reading fun and I am now checking up on my old "love to visit" places.
Have a great day!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Barb!
I hope you see this comment since I could not ind a blog for you.
Thank you for finding my blog again. I really appreciate it.

Mr Chestnut's liter box is right next to the closet. We keep it very clean. He is well trained and has been from day one at only two months old. We are lucky.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

CAS said...

Mr. Chestnut looks pretty content with his new room! Glad someone else enjoys spoiling their kitties the way we do....lol!
CAS

Bring Pretty Back said...

I wish I lived half as good as Mr. Chestnut!!!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Wanda said...

I am so glad I found this blog! I am a BRAND new blogger and an Army wife looking to network with fellow military spouse bloggers! You can read about me at www.recreateanddecorate.com

Healthy Branscoms said...

So pretty! I Love your blog! :) Your kitty is pretty cute too! :) I am your newest follower! :) Erin