Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shades Of Summer

Hello Friends!
Summer is here! Are you ready? The warmer weather always makes me think of color.
Greens, pinks, cool whites you name it, I love them all. You would think I had been working
outdoors and that is what this post is about but my allergies have kept me in for now. I'll get
started on that soon. Today I want to share with you my beauty finds, clothes, home stuff etc...
Join me!
 I bought a super soft coral jacket at Marshalls. Love it paired with black or white, maybe even aqua.
The bright coral and orange chunky jewels have a splash of leopard.
The little bow was the icing on the cake for me. They came from Belk Hudson.
 Some of you may remember these bead bracelets I bought at Michaels in almost every color.
For only $3.99 I had to go back and add a few more. The purple and royal blue colors are so vibrant.
 Cool chunky silver necklace and bracelet sets are perfect for crisp white outfits.
These are Vera Wang from Kohls.
 The gold set is nice for those romantic summer dinners.
 I carry a lighter handbag during the summer. It's a cream color woven style by Anne Klein.
 Oh my goodness the summer shoes! Don't you just adore the new cork wedges?
I bought this white flower pair at Ross. Love!
Another wedge shoe from Ross. I went with basic black to match everything.
 I bought some soft summer pj's in baby pink and white. Ah, sweet dreams...
My new lipstick shade for summer is a deep rose pink called "Very Currant" by Clinique.
 Summer nail shades! "Color To Diner For and "Senorita Rose-a-lita".
OPI always has the most creative names for their polish colors.  
 I ordered some new custom decorative frames from Kristen in our new "lighter" colors.
The dark wood frame has steel blue, rose pink and soft yellows. The colors in our master suite.
Please pay her a visit to place an order. She is very talented and easy to work with.
 I switched to a green vase and found a bouquet from Kirklands in lime green, oranges and reds.
It made me think of summer right away and makes me smile. It matches a wreath in our entryay.
 Another custom frame made by Kristen. This one may just be my new favorite.
She has made many lovely items for me over the years. Thanks Kristen!
It sits on our kitchen counter by the canisters and matches the new lighter color palette.
I bought a lime green tuscan style vase at Marshalls and displayed it above the cabinets. 
Pretty summer colors make me happy. How about you? Added any summer colors lately? 
~*~
Have a happy Memorial Day weekend!

28 comments:

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Love all of your new stuff! Kristen did a great job on the frames.

Michele Smith said...

Hi Melissa!
I just love that coral jacket. Love the frames from Kristen, she does make some beautiful things. I have a few tassels and frames from her as well!
I will share pictures of the lamp I bought with the Kirkland's gift card soon, I just love it!
My husband is home from Afghanistan and I am back to blogging. I'm looking forward to your summer posts.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Michele

Gypsy Heart said...

Great colors, Melissa! I always wear silver jewelry so I sorta covet the set you bought. :-) I absolutely LOVE the last frame that Kristen created for you with the name & date. Of course, ALL of it is beautiful my friend! I'm just loving yellow this year...unusual for me. Another unusual choice is coral...and your jacket is soooo cute!

I'm still trying to redo my bedroom ~ I love white during the summer. We shall see what the final result is. :-)

Thanks so much for sharing all your treasures!

Allergies are horrible here too...very warm, high winds, humidity & the pollen count today is almost 11,000. Bad news! Hope you feel better quickly.

xo
Pat

Susan said...

I love everything, but the coral top and all the jewelry really caught my eye!! I LOVE shopping with you!!
Please tell your husband my family and I thank him from the bottom of our hearts for his service to our country!!! We LOVE and appreciate our military heroes!! My Daddy served in the Navy during the Korean Conflict aboard a carrier.
Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Hugs,
Susan

Wanda said...

Love the white shoes! May have to run to Ross tomarrow and get me a pair!

Barbara F. said...

You bought such lovely things, and I am a big fan of Clinique lipstick. I have that shade as well. I love coral in the summer, and your green Tuscan vase would look very nice here. ;) xo

Savvy Seasons said...

Love your style, Melissa! Umm, and that jewelry has my name written all over it, ha! I love your jewelry and the shoes are super cute.

Your new frames from Kristen are very nice and I really like the Miller one. I may have to order one myself here soon. ;)

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! xo ~Liz

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Melissa, You always put together the prettiest outfits and jewelry! Love all the summer colors. I see you recieved your frames today. I'm glad you are pleased! The ribbon on the one in the bedroom looks perfect with the flower box. Those are beautiful colors...

CAS said...

Love it all, Melissa! You make me want to go shopping!
CAS

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

I found you through April at Straight From the Heart and what a lovely blog you have. I've so enjoyed browsing around and reading your weight loss story. Wow! how impressive!

Enjoyed the entry so much. I mean what woman doesn't like clothes, jewelry and home decor? Love it!

Blessings to you and do drop by sometime!

Barb S said...

I love looking at your pretty new things...it is so fun! Thanks for sharing!

Tara G. said...

I feel like I just went cyber shopping at some of my favorite places! You'll look stunning in that coral jacket with your dark hair!

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Melissa, such exquisite and elegant taste, You are really gifted for seeing beauty in all your life. bought, some more colorful costume, earrings, half price Cracker Barrel...$4.99!Braclet nautical charms from local Amish country shop.For Mother Day, my family bought me the straw pink-orange straw bag with goodies and Tresor In Love perfume. My sister gave me late Moss perfume, great....from Walgreen's!!!!!!!!!!!I love your purse, and everything you shared, thank you so much.

Jemsmom said...

The coral jewelry is awesome!!! I also love your new frame from Kristen! That is gorgeous!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I always enjoy seeing your pretty outfits, Melissa. Fun to see the jewelry and shoes, too. The pink/orange/leopard combo is terrific! Love all your sweet frames from Kristen. And I especially love that crackled green oversized jar!!! I'm gearing up for my annual WEDDING BLOG PARTY on June 8th and hope you'll be able to join us! I'm also having a great software giveaway right now, so please come enter!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie

Angela said...

Very Pretty! I love your style. I can never put things together like that. I'm alway very impressed when you share your seasonal wardrobe.

Hope your allergies get better. Mine are always an issue from May to September.

Have a Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Kelly said...

You are definitely ready for summer now! I love the new clothing and jewelry. Especially those cute white shoes! I just recently updated my summer wardrobe too and bought some new swimsuits. I love the feel of a new season upon us! Hope you'll be able to get outside soon. My allergies have finally gone away. They lasted forever!

Marla and Steve said...

Oh Melissa. If you lived close we could totally shop and do some serious damage to our checkbooks :) Love all your summer stuff. I've been crazy over the bright coral I see this season.

Linda said...

Wonderful clothes, jewelry and purse. Lots of inspiration here and you are ready for summer.

Nancy from OHIO said...

Shades of Summer... what a lovely name for your post! I just loved all the beauty finds...and all the colorful updates to your home. TODAY is my first day of summer vacation... "It's a smile, it's a kiss it's a sip of wine...it's SUMMERTIME!" ~Kenny Chesney Have a wonderful summer...and enjoy all the Shades of Summer! ~~Nancy

Traci said...

LOVE IT ALL!! The coral color is so pretty & summery! I love love love wedges! My favorite shoes! Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend & tell your hubs thanks for all he & everyone else in the military does!!

Maria Elena said...

Melissa, I love, love all your choices! The colors are beautiful and the accesories are just gorgeous! Great buys!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loove all the new colors, especially the coral...Have already picked up a few things in that color....Happy Holiday Weekend

Melissa said...

Beautiful, beautiful beautiful! Do you dress like that everyday? I'd love to see them on an actual body!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lizabeth @ Infuse With Liz said...

Hi Melissa!
What a great collection of clothing and jewelry!
Love the colors! That Tuscan vase has my name on it!
I'm working outside and all my color inspiration is out there!

Kris said...

Gorgeous colors...so bright and cheery. The frames are so sweet and I'm sure that they look really nice in your Master Suite.

lori carolina said...

So many pretty things, love the jewels especially. I have that gold chain necklace, but in the bracelet!:) Love the deep blues and purples too, you will look gorgeous this summer traipsing around town!!!:)

Helen's Decor said...

Hey Melissa, Love the jewelry. Just realized we weren't following each other on Linky and am now following you there. Hope you have a great weekend. Helen