Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Autumn Flower Jars with Pumpkins

 
Hello Friends!
It's October, fall for sure. How did that happen? We are not far off from Christmas
at this point. Now if only the weather would cool down enough here to feel like fall.
~*~
While shopping Marshalls last week I bought two amber colored jars with fleur de lis tops.
I wasn't sure what to do with them or where to display them but I knew they were "fallish".
I believe they were $19.99 and $14.99 a piece. I filled them with a box of $5.99 pumpkins.
Michaels was my next stop and I added plaid ribbon and a few flower embellishments.
That was it! That is the extent of my craftiness. I am definitely pleased with how they came
out though. I have them in the kichen on my little red table next to the rooster arrangement. 
Take a look!





 



It's Chestnut's 9th birthday this month. We don't know the exact date so
he will get extra treats all month long. Here he is keeping watch on the lizards.
~*~
The mantle got a simple fall touch with a $5.99 arrangement and a $3.99 bird.
The sage green carved pumpkin was $9.99 and all of it came from Marshalls.
I'm decorating the front porch next and that will be all the fall stuff I need here.
~*~
Have a wonderful week!

23 comments:

Sandra said...

Your home is so beautiful. Really love the sage pumpkin, and the kitty is precious!

Barbara F. said...

Chestnutt is such a pretty cat, or should I say 'handsome'. I love the jars and the way you decorated them. xo

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Melissa, your fall decor is so pretty! Love your jars; and your mantel is beautiful!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

That fall vignette on your little red table looks BEAUTIFUL!! Your mantle looks fabulous too Melissa!

Kelly said...

All of your Fall touches look so pretty in your newly remodeled home. Happy Birthday to your kitty too! I think it's nice that you treat him special for his birthday.

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Love the jars, Melissa! They are gorgeous!! You dressed them up beautifully. Happy Birthday to Chestnut! :)

Tardevil said...

Love the way you embellished the jars! Happy Birthday to Chestnut!

Savvy Seasons said...

Hi Melissa,
Those jars are too cute. I was so excited when I saw a post from you, I jumped right over. =) The colors throughout your home are so pretty.

Happy B-Day to Chestnut! xo ~Liz

Jen said...

Enjoy following your blog. Your fall decorations are beautiful. I'd love to have you as a follower as well. I've just added the follower gadget at the end of my blog. Thanks.

Brooke said...

Looks great! The flowers are so pretty!

=)



Brooke

Maria Elena said...

Melissa, you Fall decor is sooo pretty! I love the vignettes on the table and chest and your fireplace looks so elegant! Very, very pretty!

Marla and Steve said...

Oh Melissa, beautiful. Just right and not overdone. You always have such good taste.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Adorable Melissa and of course, Chestnut is a perfectly colored fall accent - and I am sure your favorite! Jane

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Nice fall decor Melissa,I love the new jars, they were a great price, they are so much more expensive all around...they can be used for all seasons! The red table, adorable, so perfect. Mr. Chestnut and I share same birthday month! Thank you for sharing:)

CAS said...

Those jars looks lovely, Melissa! They will be so easy to change up for other times, too. I like all your other touches of Fall color -- looks so pretty!

Gypsy Heart said...

Looks wonderful! I always love seeing the little red table and the jars, pumpkins & flowers are definitely fall. Great job my friend!

xo
Pat

Chrissy said...

Melissa, your house always looks so lovely, those jars are beautiful. Chestnut is precious as usual.

Barb S said...

Happy Birthday to Chestnut! I was glad to see a picture of him again! I am glad he is busy "protecting" you....
Love the fall decorations!

Stacey said...

Melissa I love those jars!

L said...

I like your new glass jars, Melissa. I love how you decked them out for fall. They will be fun to decorate for the other seasons too.
Happy Birthday to Chestnut!

Luke's GiGi said...

Very pretty arrangements. Love the jars and flowers. I have to ask you, where did you buy your fireplace screen. I have been looking for one and just love yours.

Barb S said...

Happy Birthday Chestnut!

Traci said...

Happy Birthday Chestnut!! Everything looks great! I haven't done ANY fall decorating. Things have been so crazy. I think I'm just going to gear up for Christmas.